Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by bl...@lgenc.co.kr on 2000/02/28 04:09:52 UTC

Servlet doesn not reload.. Is it biug?

Hi..

After I accessed servlet file and deleted/changed/rebuilt the class file,
reloading was failed to get new contents..

Is it bug?...

Re: Servlet doesn not reload.. Is it biug?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cm...@mytownnet.com>.
blueless@lgenc.co.kr wrote:

> Hi..
>
> After I accessed servlet file and deleted/changed/rebuilt the class file,
> reloading was failed to get new contents..
>
> Is it bug?...

It depends on which version of Tomcat you are using.  Versions prior to 3.1
milestone 2 do not support automatic reloading when a servlet is changed --
you have to restart Tomcat.  The current release supports automatic
reloading only for servlets found in the WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib
directories of your web application.

Craig McClanahan