Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr> on 2015/10/13 15:37:39 UTC

Re: SQLite ODBC driver for Libra and OpenOffice

>This is a commercial offer with a trial version (30 days).
>The driver is costly 150 USD.

This commercial driver has been published as an extension:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openoffice-sqlite-odbc-driver
Is it normal?

Re: SQLite ODBC driver for Libra and OpenOffice

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 13/10/2015 15:37, FR web forum a écrit :
>> This commercial driver has been published as an extension:
>> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openoffice-sqlite-odbc-driver
>> Is it normal?
> Seems it also comes with a proprietary, restrictive license :
> https://www.devart.com/odbc/sqlite/docs/index.html

While the vast (95%+, I would say; maybe even 99%+) majority of
extensions have a Free and Open Source license (and most of them,
additionally, are available at no cost) I think that a few "proprietary
and commercial" extensions do exist.

A questionable behavior, though, is that they stated the license is
"Creative Commons Attribution":
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=&sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC
and it looks like they should be contacted and the wrong license
indication rectified.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: SQLite ODBC driver for Libra and OpenOffice

Posted by Alexander Thurgood <al...@gmail.com>.
Le 13/10/2015 15:37, FR web forum a écrit :

> This commercial driver has been published as an extension:
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/openoffice-sqlite-odbc-driver
> Is it normal?

Seems it also comes with a proprietary, restrictive license :

https://www.devart.com/odbc/sqlite/docs/index.html

Alex