Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sterling Hughes <st...@project-pint.org> on 2003/11/23 22:12:44 UTC

writing to files with mod_dav_svn and davfs

Hi,

I'm playing around with getting subversion, mod_dav_svn and
davfs (http://dav.sf.net/) working together.  Currently, I have the
following setup:

mkdir /data/svn/
svnadmin create /data/svn/pint
svn import pint file:///data/svn/pint/pint
sudo chown -R shughes.www-data /data/svn/pint
sudo chmod -R 0774 /data/svn/pint

Then in my apache httpd.conf i have the following (under a VirtualHost).

<Location /svn>
	DAV svn
	SVNParentPath /data/svn/
	SVNAutoversioning on
</Location>

Now I can access the repositories via my web browser, and I'm very
happy. :)  When I use the mount.davfs program to mount the directory

mkdir /home/shughes/pint/
mount -tdavfs -ouid=1000,gid=1000 "http://localhost:8080/svn/pint/pint/" /home/shughes/pint

I can go and view the files within my repository, but when I try and vim
a file.  It says "swap file already exists" (standard message), because
it can't create a swap file itself.  Then when I try and change then
save a file, I get "write access denied."

Then same problem happens when I "mv" a pristine file into the mounted
directory.  Can anyone tell me what my problem is?

-Sterling

Re: writing to files with mod_dav_svn and davfs

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@project-pint.org>.
> On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 16:12, Sterling Hughes wrote:
>
> > I can go and view the files within my repository, but when I try and vim
> > a file.  It says "swap file already exists" (standard message), because
> > it can't create a swap file itself.  Then when I try and change then
> > save a file, I get "write access denied."
>
> Have you read the whole book appendix on autoversioning?

I didn't, no, sorry.

> davfs requires the LOCK method to be supported, unconditionally.  You
> can't do any edits/writes to an svn repository unless you're using
> mod_dav_lock in httpd-2.1.

Ok, thanks.  I fixed it temporarily by just nulling out the lock call in
davfs.  I guess when i upgrade to 2.1, things will be sexier :)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.