Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Lassi Immonen <li...@malla.urova.fi> on 2000/12/19 10:41:11 UTC

[C2]Classloader problems

Hi,

Month old cvs C2 with Tomcat4m3 works ok in situation where I use
XSP/Helperclasses to access DB2 through DataSource which I obtain from
WebSphere.

Now I tried the same with new cvs version and after several attempts I
have to think there's something wrong with C2 Classloader, I understood
it was changed somehow recently?
Or is it some policy setting that has changed or I have to change?

I'm running Tomcat4m5 with Ibm:s jdk1.2.2.

Here's the exception I get:

java.lang.SecurityException: sealing violation
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:49)
at java.lang.SecurityException.<init>(SecurityException.java:41)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$1(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java(Compiled Code))
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.findClass(StandardClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code))
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code))
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java(Compiled
Code))
at
com.ibm.db.base.JDBCConnectionManager.connectUsingSpec(JDBCConnectionManager.java)
at
com.ibm.db.base.DatabaseConnectionSpec.connect(DatabaseConnectionSpec.java)
at com.ibm.db.DatabaseConnection.connect(DatabaseConnection.java)
at com.ibm.db.Statement.connect(Statement.java)
at com.ibm.db.SelectStatement.execute(SelectStatement.java)
at com.ibm.ivj.db.uibeans.Select.execute(Select.java)
at org.digma.cocoon.xsp.DBHelper.getSelectResult(DBHelper.java:190)

 Lassi Immonen

Re: [C2]Classloader problems

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Posted by Lassi Immonen <li...@malla.urova.fi>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Cocoon has been changed to wrap the URLClassLoader, which is quicker
> and easier to maintain.  It sounds like Tomcat4m3 has some permissions
> set incorrectly.

Uhh, any idea what they might be? I checked the catalina.policy for
Tomcat4m3 and m5 and they were identical.

 Lassi

Re: [C2]Classloader problems

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.