Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Charbel el kaed <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/17 17:38:34 UTC

UPnP Device Manager Implementation

Hi OSGi users,

Anybody is aware of a UPnP Device Management implementation on OSGi ?

Best Regards,
Charbel.

Re: UPnP Device Manager Implementation

Posted by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.
  Hi Richard, Charbel,

I think Charbel was referring to the UPnP Standard Device Control
Protocol (DCP) called Device Management:
http://upnp.org/specs/dm/dm1/

I know it was a DCP initially proposed by  FranceTelecom (Andre Bottaro)
as ExecutionPlatform.
I followed it a bit at the beginning, but Didier Donsier was more active
than me.

Perhaps during some UPnP plugfest they used OSGi as a target platform
but I'm not sure.
There was also ProSyst Software in the first meetings so their
implementation could be used.

Well the DM specification could be based on the FELIX implementation,
but I should refresh my knowledge on the UPnP security mechanism
currently used by UPnP Forum, as the security is a paramount in this
context.
Moreover the specification could be based on the new UPnP Specification,
while OSGi is related to the UPnP 1.0 Device Arch. Spec.
Different things to check.

regards,
Francesco

Posted by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it>.