Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Giroux <ml...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/13 16:41:01 UTC

Re: Release Plans?

What ever happened to the release?  It would really be nice to have a single
version of BSF that supports current versions of RHINO in ANT.

Michael Giroux

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/06, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Sanka,

> >> Rony, can you state what is needed to be done so that we can get this going? (fixing the website first may be)
> >>

> > I mean a list of items that need to do so that we can cut the release ..
> >
> Hmm, good question. I would suggest to consider:
>
>     * automatic builds, if the source got changed (or even an automatic
>       daily build) to create a binary distribution off the latest
>       code-base for users,
>
>     * update the supported languages; it seems that there is a directory
>       tree with updated information that is not used for the Jakarta BSF
>       WWW site at the moment (like the JLog or ooRexx infos),
>     * maybe there are Apache Jakarta policies in place which would
>       influence the setup to use for both, which should be taken into
>       account?
>
> Hope that helps a little bit, and thanks a lot for your stepping
> forward, Sanka!

Jakarta Commons components all link to documentation on how to do
releases. It's commons-centric, but I bet it's 95% relevant to BSF.
Let me know if I can help - give me a private email to flag the thread
in my inbox as I don't check the BSF list very often.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

There's a Commons nightly build script that could conceivably be
extended to handle BSF.

Hen

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Do you have enough people on the pmc to do a release vote ?
I am monitoring the list, but if I miss the vote, ping me..

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> [...]

for AapacheCon Asia presentation .. :-)

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/faq.html> (maybe adding new items,
>      like when does BSF 2.3 go Golden, what is and what is planned for
>      BSF 3.x),
yes .. need to that content ..

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.html> has
>      still the very old binary distribution, don't really know about
>      the sources (this is an area where we probably need to study Hen
>      Yandell's link thoroughly to be able to automate the creation and
>      publishing of new releases),
>
> Again, Sanka, thank you *very* much for your efforts!
:-)
> If there is anything I can contribute/help you with, please let me
> know!
Please feel free to do any changes which feel as appropriate to the
content of WWW site. If you can commit those changes to xdocs I will

- --

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Dear Sanka,

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Sanka,

>> Rony, can you state what is needed to be done so that we can get this going? (fixing the website first may be)
>>

> I mean a list of items that need to do so that we can cut the release ..

Hmm, good question. I would suggest to consider:

    * automatic builds, if the source got changed (or even an automatic
      daily build) to create a binary distribution off the latest
      code-base for users,
    * update the supported languages; it seems that there is a directory
      tree with updated information that is not used for the Jakarta BSF
      WWW site at the moment (like the JLog or ooRexx infos),
    * maybe there are Apache Jakarta policies in place which would
      influence the setup to use for both, which should be taken into
      account?

Hope that helps a little bit, and thanks a lot for your stepping
forward, Sanka!

Regards,

---rony

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by Michael Giroux <ml...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rony,

On 7/13/06, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> *But* you could get the latest build from the zip-archive
> "BSF4RExx_install.zip" at
> <http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4rexx/current/>, extracting the
> file "bsf4rexx/bsf-v205-20060410.jar". Hope that helps)

I'll take a look at this.

Michael

Re: Release Plans?

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.