Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com> on 2007/02/09 04:21:37 UTC

Extending existing view-entitys

It doesn't seem possible to extend views, only entities. Is that correct?

Would be nice to be able to extend views, so I can put my "extension xml codes" in my own
hot-deploy application, separate from core of OFBiz.

But then again, it would seem wrong to extend a view, since extending it (adding say a 3rd join to
2 joined tables) will change the view semantics and definition altogether.

In any case, it doesn't cost much to create my own views, just a few lines of xml.

Jonathon