Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nicolas Bouillon <ni...@bouil.org> on 2009/09/10 21:06:14 UTC

T5: On-site edition of messages (translation) ?

Hi,

I'm working on a website which has to be translated in many languages.

The people that will do the translation are not the web developpers, and
i'm searching a way to make that translation work easier.

My prefered way would be a way to live edit the messages (on a test
server), or at least display the message-key instead of the message, to
help the translator figure out where the message will be displayed in
it's context. Maybe by setting a specific locale that will display the
message key instead of the message ?

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Re: T5: On-site edition of messages (translation) ?

Posted by Sergey Didenko <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

GNU gettext may interest you if you have complex cases like a lot of
plurals. It has nice tool support. Unfortunately you will loose
Tapestry component-binded message bundles in this case.

Re: T5: On-site edition of messages (translation) ?

Posted by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de>.
Nicolas Bouillon schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a website which has to be translated in many languages.
>
> The people that will do the translation are not the web developpers, and
> i'm searching a way to make that translation work easier.
>
> My prefered way would be a way to live edit the messages (on a test
> server), or at least display the message-key instead of the message, to
> help the translator figure out where the message will be displayed in
> it's context. Maybe by setting a specific locale that will display the
> message key instead of the message ?
>
> Do you have any suggestion ?
>
> Thanks.

Just remove the resource bundles.

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de