Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2021/12/16 11:31:43 UTC

Re[2]: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.1.1 release

There's no general support for the JDK 17 in the 4.1 branch, only Modeler is updated. Full support for the 17 is in the 4.2 branch.
Not sure is it worth the effort to bring everything to the 4.1. Thursday, 16 December 2021, 02:07pm +03:00 from Aristedes Maniatis  ari@ish.com.au.invalid :

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.1.1 release

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
I'm -1 myself. There's a wrong version of the japp-maven-plugin, so
Windows modeler won't work at all if no JAVA_HOME is set.

So let's fix that and try to upgrade the Gradle plugin as well.
There should be no technical issues, this just requires some time to
backport everything carefully, there are several commits and not many
tests :(

Just as a thought, there should be no problem in using the 4.2 plugin
with the 4.1 runtime.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.