Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/06/28 17:36:58 UTC

style.css

The style.css has the following:

/* comment out doclink until problems are fixed */

so what's the problem with the doclink anchor style?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653

Re: style.css

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Good to see the right icons in place!  Presentation of the icons in IE6
> (the Tools and Merlin) is showing up with a vertical and horizontal line
> against the image - any idea what's happening there?

Has to do with the link styles.  Thought I had it figured out.  I'll
check into it.

> BTW - I'm not keen on the dashed borders around the tables - could you
> back that one out?

No problem.  I was trying to find some way to delineate a table from the
rest of the content.  The blank tables don't look right to me.

jaaron

Re: style.css

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>>> IIRC, some text pieces was 'jumping around' on the page causing
>>> flicker in some browsers, when moving the mouse over the links.
>>

>> Also in mozilla - when a link wrapped we ended-up up with no
>> click-though response (double click required).  I.e. nice in concept -
>> but some more shaking and backing needed.
>>

> I think I fixed this earlier today.  You can see the results at:
>
>   http://www.apache.org/~farra/avalon/index.html

Good to see the right icons in place!  Presentation of the icons in IE6
(the Tools and Merlin) is showing up with a vertical and horizontal line
against the image - any idea what's happening there?

On links - seems like a partial fix - the jumping around has been fixed
by the strange behavior in Mozilla is still there (just find a link in a
table the wraps onto another line and click on it a few time - behavior
is sort of random but Mozilla seems to get screwed up).  Apart from that
the links themselves look good.

BTW - I'm not keen on the dashed borders around the tables - could you
back that one out?

Cheers, Steve.

Re: style.css

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.

Re: style.css

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Re: style.css

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
Farr, Aaron wrote:
> The style.css has the following:
>
> /* comment out doclink until problems are fixed */
>
> so what's the problem with the doclink anchor style?

IIRC, some text pieces was 'jumping around' on the page causing
flicker in some browsers, when moving the mouse over the links.

Niclas