Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2005/05/04 15:56:18 UTC

CPAN issues

hi all :)

according to http://search.cpan.org/dist/mod_perl/ the only mod_perl
packages on cpan are mp1 or mp2-post-rename, which hopefully means that
whatever cpan issues we were trying to fix with the rename have trickled
down the chain.

so, can folks take the time to look things over and make sure that
everything is the way it needs to be?  a quick browse to

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Apache-Reload/

shows the mp1 version, so I _think_ we're ok, but it would be nice to know
for sure, especially from the people that were upset about all of this.

--Geoff

Re: CPAN issues

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Markus Wichitill wrote:
[...]
> I'm not one of those people, but I've noticed this:
>
> (Database was generated on Wed, 04 May 2005 03:57:52 GMT)
>
> cpan> m /Reload/
> Module          Apache2::Reload (G/GE/GEOFF/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5.tar.gz)
> Module          Apache::Reload  (Contact Author Matt Sergeant [...])
> [...]
>
> cpan> readme Apache::Reload
> Running readme for module Apache::Reload
>
>   The module Apache::Reload isn't available on CPAN.
>
>   Either the module has not yet been uploaded to CPAN, or it is
>   temporary unavailable. Please contact the author to find out
>   more about the status. Try 'i Apache::Reload'.

What happened is that we have asked Matt to give us the perms on that
module, so when mp2 took over and then removed those, PAUSE didn't know
how to restore the originals. Therefore we need to ask Matt to login to
PAUSE and force a manual re-indexing of:
http://search.cpan.org/~msergeant/Apache-Reload-0.07/

Matt, would you please be so kind to do that for us? Thanks a lot!

Re: CPAN issues

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> cpan> m /Reload/
> Module          Apache2::Reload (G/GE/GEOFF/mod_perl-2.0.0-RC5.tar.gz)

that I still own this is probably due to pause permission problems.  I've
added stas (and apml and gozer) as co-maintainer to all the Apache2::
modules so stas should be able to visit pause and reindex RC6.

> Module          Apache::Reload  (Contact Author Matt Sergeant [...])
> [...]
>
> cpan> readme Apache::Reload
> Running readme for module Apache::Reload
>
>   The module Apache::Reload isn't available on CPAN.
>
>   Either the module has not yet been uploaded to CPAN, or it is
>   temporary unavailable. Please contact the author to find out
>   more about the status. Try 'i Apache::Reload'.

I have no idea.

--Geoff

Re: CPAN issues

Posted by Markus Wichitill <ma...@gmx.de>.