Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by ro...@domesticus.org on 2003/11/15 01:06:03 UTC

fulcrum security component with hibernate

Hi,

I'am trying to get the fulcrum security hibernate component to work in my
turbine app.  I've looked at the unit tests and used these config files etc.

But althought my password is correct (no wrong password error) the method
user.hasLoggedIn gives me always false, and the data.getACL() is always
null.

The connection hibernate <> database is ok as the logfiles shows me the
querys to get the groups/roles/permission/user info.

Am I missing something or does someone has some hints on this problem ?

Greetings and thanx

RE: fulcrum security component with hibernate

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi Robert,

I'll just throw out a disclaimer..  The fulcrum Security component, while I
think it has moved through all major refactorings and is pretty much stable,
is not yet 1.0.  Not trying to discourage you from using it, (I use it on
three projects) but on the contrary, looking to understand better what the
rough parts are and where things are confusing.  So input is very much
appreciated!

First off, are you attempting to use the Turbine adapter so that from the
turbine perspective you are just using Turbine code?  Using a
TurbineSecurityService etc?  I recommend not taking this approach as over
time this will be deprecated in favor of the Fulcrum code being used
directly, but may help in migration.

How is your unit testing?  Do you have something you can show me?   I'm
guessing from the data.getACL part of your query you are running under the
Turbine adapter.  so, could you check out from CVS and run the unit tests
for Fulcrum Security successfully?

Eric