Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by lazybrain <la...@entermail.net> on 2001/01/20 05:03:57 UTC

why does no one respond???

I posted something last week and no one has responded. thats filthy.
Secondly,
my question is why do the binaries for linux have tons of references to
windows dirs???

I was not happy when I had to edit this filth by hand. Also why does it
include jserv config
files when I thought this project was all about mod_jk.so???? I think this
tomcat thing
gives apache a very bad name. Why do you have to download the entire soure
to compile
one filthy module??? If someone is that lazy i will put in the mod_jk.so and
tar the binary up again
so people dont have to do this.  Again why does a linux program have c:\ all
over the conf files?
this sucks!!!! The install instructions you must work at nasa space station
to understand.
I simply wrote my own instructions becuase the ones that come with it are
garbage.  Guess what program didnt get used today or probally for a long
time? its tomcat!!

peace.

Re: why does no one respond???

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <Ro...@appleonline.net>.
lazybrain wrote:

> my question is why do the binaries for linux have tons of references to
> windows dirs???

did you use the rpms?
yes
-    then i'd direct your feedback to henri (or whoever rolled them).

no
-    then check the archives for annoucements about rpm's and use them if
you're offended by the jakarta binaries. tomcat's used on a wide variety of
platforms and flavours of *nix. the linux binaries are a starting point for
most of these. luckily some people are generous enough to roll packages and
post them on the web to make life easy - or at least that bit of life that
consists of installing apps.

> I simply wrote my own instructions becuase the ones that come with it are
> garbage.  Guess what program didnt get used today or probally for a long
> time? its tomcat!!

documentation on open source projects is only as good as the volunteer effort
that goes into creating it. if you can do better, why not donate or contribute?

- robert

Re: why does no one respond???

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 1/19/01 8:03 PM, "lazybrain" <la...@entermail.net> wrote:

> I posted something last week and no one has responded. thats filthy.

because this is the wrong list for questions about tomcat. you should
subscribe to the tomcat-users list. maybe if you weren't such a
"lazybrain"...but i digress...

-jon