Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Guillaume Bailleul <gb...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/31 11:14:56 UTC

PDF/A preflight with PDFBOX : open source implementation

Hi,

Because we did not find any open implementation, we developed an API based
on pdfbox and javacc to validate pdf/a documents.
This software, called PADAF, is distributed under apache 2 licence.

Current version can be found here :
https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf
And first lines of documentation, here :
https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf/wiki

This implementation is compliant with all the isartor test suite.

To be able to pass all the tests, we had to make some modifications on
pdfbox (mostly fontbox), and we did it on pdfbox 1.1.0. The patch is
packaged with sources. Since that 'fork', most of the modifications were
reported in the main project : Eric Leleu pushed our modifications on pdfbox
jira. There is a little work to do change to pdfbox 1.4.

Feel free to test and use it !
We are waiting for feedbacks.

Guillaume Bailleul

Re: PDF/A preflight with PDFBOX : open source implementation

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Very, very cool, Guillaume! I hope I'll have some time soon, to take a
look and give some feedback. I was involved with adding PDF/A support to
Apache FOP and I always wished we had the validation side, too. Would
you consider donating the code to Apache to include it in Apache PDFBox?
I think the feature would be a great addition to PDFBox.

On 31.12.2010 11:14:56 Guillaume Bailleul wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Because we did not find any open implementation, we developed an API based
> on pdfbox and javacc to validate pdf/a documents.
> This software, called PADAF, is distributed under apache 2 licence.
>
> Current version can be found here :
> https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf
> And first lines of documentation, here :
> https://github.com/gba-awl/padaf/wiki
>
> This implementation is compliant with all the isartor test suite.
>
> To be able to pass all the tests, we had to make some modifications on
> pdfbox (mostly fontbox), and we did it on pdfbox 1.1.0. The patch is
> packaged with sources. Since that 'fork', most of the modifications were
> reported in the main project : Eric Leleu pushed our modifications on pdfbox
> jira. There is a little work to do change to pdfbox 1.4.
>
> Feel free to test and use it !
> We are waiting for feedbacks.
>
> Guillaume Bailleul

Jeremias Maerki