Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by David Smiley <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/22 17:18:20 UTC

GitHub PR comments move to JIRA "Work Log" tab

I've been a bit frustrated with the excess noise that the current GitHub PR
code review comments generates onto JIRA (and ensuing extra emails).  I
emailed users@infra.apache.org and I got some helpful input that we have
some options.  In particular, the integration can be customized to instead
populate the JIRA "Work Log" tab for these PR comments. Here's an example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4770 (then click "Work Log")

Here are the docs on this:
https://reference.apache.org/pmc/github
More details on the 4 options:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/infra?p=asfgit-admin.git;a=blob;f=NOTES;hb=HEAD#l293
Thanks to Christopher Tubbs who responded to my inquiries.

This weekend I plan to request that ASF Infra modify our configuration to
be "worklog".  Christopher and I feel this really ought to be the default
setup.

~ David