Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dan Slack <ds...@langui.com> on 2009/07/30 21:50:09 UTC

Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Hi,

Our J2EE server (Sybase EAServer 6.1) has been complaining about my struts 2
application when I deploy it.  After some digging, it turns out that the
"tlibversion" in the Struts2 tld file is "invalid".  This seemed to happen
when I changed my project to Servlet 2.5.

The Struts 2 tlibversion is 2.2.3, and I know that the 'tlibversion' can be
a dewey-decimal type, but from my memories of libraries, I don't remember it
being allowed to have 2 decimal points.  Does anybody know if this is a
failing of my server, or is this something that is a failing of Struts2?

In the mean time, I actually, at runtime, open up the Struts 2 Jar, and
modify the tld to "fix" it when deploying to that server.

Thanks

Dan Slack

Re: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Dan Slack wrote:
> Our J2EE server (Sybase EAServer 6.1) has been complaining about my struts 2
> application when I deploy it.  After some digging, it turns out that the
> "tlibversion" in the Struts2 tld file is "invalid".  This seemed to happen
> when I changed my project to Servlet 2.5.
>
> The Struts 2 tlibversion is 2.2.3, and I know that the 'tlibversion' can be
> a dewey-decimal type, but from my memories of libraries, I don't remember it
> being allowed to have 2 decimal points.  Does anybody know if this is a
> failing of my server, or is this something that is a failing of Struts2?

I don't know what it's supposed to be, but at least some taglib DTD's
([1] for example) contain the following:

<!ELEMENT tlib-version (#PCDATA) >

<!--
Describes the JSP version (number) this taglibrary requires in
order to function (dewey decimal)

The default is 1.2

#PCDATA ::= [0-9]*{ "."[0-9] }0..3
-->

Dave

[1] Note also that Sun's 1.2 DTD contained the same:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/servletapi/branches/other/servlet2.4-jsp2.0-tc5.x/js5/src/share/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.dtd

RE: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Posted by Dan Slack <ds...@langui.com>.
Ok, so, it's obviously an issue with my servers validation of tlibversion.

I'll guess I'll have to stick with my hack until a new version of the server
is tested.

Thanks,
Dan

agr, actually I missread the regex, I read 0..3 as applied to [0..9].
So the version in the tld is ok.

musachy

Re: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

RE: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
webapp server's container supports a servlet spec here is an example from TC
http://tomcat.apache.org/
2.5 Servlet spec support on TC as the example illustrates

Servlet/JSP Spec

Apache Tomcat version

2.5/2.1

6.0.20

2.4/2.0

5.5.27

2.3/1.2

4.1.40

2.2/1.1

3.3.2 (archived)

much easier to  upgrade the one aberrant taglib..
you can always re-implement an older container ..but i would suspect alot Servlet Spec 2.5 webapps would break
Martin Gainty

> From: dslack@langui.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Struts 2.1.6 TLD file
> Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:50:09 -0500
>
> Hi,
>

> Our J2EE server (Sybase EAServer 6.1) has been complaining about my struts 2
> application when I deploy it.  After some digging, it turns out that the
> "tlibversion" in the Struts2 tld file is "invalid".  This seemed to happen
> when I changed my project to Servlet 2.5.
>

> The Struts 2 tlibversion is 2.2.3, and I know that the 'tlibversion' can be
> a dewey-decimal type, but from my memories of libraries, I don't remember it
> being allowed to have 2 decimal points.  Does anybody know if this is a
> failing of my server, or is this something that is a failing of Struts2?
>

> In the mean time, I actually, at runtime, open up the Struts 2 Jar, and
> modify the tld to "fix" it when deploying to that server.
>

> Thanks
>
> Dan Slack

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports