Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Victor Hadianto <vi...@nuix.com.au> on 2002/05/22 02:53:34 UTC

Searching greater than/less than

Can I use lucene to search greater than / less than a value in the field? I
have a field in the document that function as a score. I would need to be
able to search the index + the option having to say a field > 50

Victor Hadianto

Re: Searching greater than/less than

Posted by David Smiley <ds...@mac.com>.
Yes.  Check out how Date support is implemented.  As a quick
workaround... you could piggy-back on Lucene's existing date support
by creating a Date via milliseconds that is the number your are
trying to put in the index.

Note that internally, a bit-vector is created that is the same size
as the index which might cause performance problems depending on the
size of your index and typical queries you will have in your
environment.

~ Dave Smiley

Re: Lucene Release 1.2-RC5

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You can get 1.2 RC5 release from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-lucene/release/v1.2-rc5/

Lucene Release 1.2-RC5

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

I believe that is not possible with Lucene.
Although there is something called a RangeQuery, which may be helpful.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/RangeQuery.html

Otis