Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com> on 2008/08/11 07:11:38 UTC

how to query from entity in background

I am trying to build a screen with a list form that displays the logged in
users information from the Person entity.
This what I have developed for it based on what I saw in sfa ->
ContactScreens.xml

    <screen name="main">
        <section>
            <actions>
                <set field="headerItem" value="Main"/>
		<set field="roleTypeId" value="CONTACT"/>
                <set field="partyTypeId" value="PERSON"/>
                <set field="headerItem" value="Contacts"/>
		<set field="partyId" value="${userLogin.partyId}"/>
            </actions>
            <widgets>
                <decorator-screen name="main-decorator"
location="component://portal/widget/PortalScreens.xml">
					   <decorator-section name="body">
                        <section>
                            <actions>
                                <service service-name="findParty"
auto-field-map="true"/>
                            </actions>
                            <widgets>
                                <container style="screenlet">
                                    <container style="screenlet-body">
                                        <section>
                                            <condition>
                                                <not><if-empty
field-name="partyList"/></not>
                                            </condition>
                                            <widgets>
                                                <include-form
name="CustomerProfile"
location="component://portal/widget/PortalForms.xml"/>
                                            </widgets>
                                            <fail-widgets>
                                                <container style="h3">
                                                    <label
text="PARTY_NOT_FOUND"/>
                                                </container>
                                            </fail-widgets>
                                        </section>
                                    </container>
                                </container>
                            </widgets>
                        </section>
                    </decorator-section>
                </decorator-screen>
            </widgets>
        </section>
    </screen>

I see PARTY_NOT_FOUND, what am I missing? Here is my form if that helps.

    <form name="CustomerProfile" type="list" target="Person"
default-entity-name="Person"   >
		<actions>
            <entity-condition entity-name="Person">
                <condition-expr field-name="partyId"
value="${userLogin.partyId}"/>
                <order-by field-name="partyId"/>
            </entity-condition>
			<entity-one entity-name="PartyType" value-name="partyType">
                <field-map field-name="partyTypeId"
env-name="partyRow.partyTypeId"/>
            </entity-one>
        </actions>
		<field name="partyId" title="PartyId" ><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="firstName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="middleName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="personalTitle"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="gender"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="birthDate"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="occupation"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastModifiedDate"><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastModifiedByUserLogin"><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
	</form>
</forms>

Re: how to query from entity in background

Posted by ravindra mandre <ra...@gmail.com>.
hello milind,
as you compared with your implementation with sfa so as a reference please
check the ftl also.
and i suggest you to please try print value of party list .

Thanks
Ravi

Re: how to query from entity in background

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Milind,

The problem that you are facing is very simple.
See you have kept three values in the context for the findParty services.

               <set field="roleTypeId" value="CONTACT"/>
               <set field="partyTypeId" value="PERSON"/>
               <set field="partyId" value="${userLogin.partyId}"/>

As I noticed that you are getting partyId=admin.(i.e you have logged in by
admin user)
So you are trying to fetch a record with the help of "findParty" service
where the condition will be partyId="admin" && roleTypeId="CONTACT" &&
partyTypeId="PERSON".
In the above condition two conditions(partyId="admin" &&
partyTypeId="PERSON") are correct although the the third condition is not
correct in which "admin" user don't have the "CONTACT" role set.
This is the reason you are getting the empty value in the "partyList".So it
is displaying "PARTY_NOT_FOUND"

So you may need to add the "CONTACT" role for "admin" user in the PartyRole
entity.
Or the following link will be helpful for you to perform the same operation.
https://localhost:8443/partymgr/control/viewroles?partyId=admin

Please let us know if you need more help on this.

--
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore (M.P), India

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
Ravi,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is only working in minilang not in widget. Ravi gives you the solution.

Jacques

From: "Milind W" <ma...@mymunshi.com>

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
hi BJ,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
my error

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
Can you give me the syntax.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
hi BJ,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I am looking at

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
It is SVN#682252

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
hi Chirag,Ravi

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Milind,
where the out parameters of findParty will be stored?
Try to solve this.
Another thing is that you have checked *partyList*, this will always be
blank as nothing is assigned to this field in action tag so you will always
get the result PARTY_NOT_FOUND as fail-widget.

--
Thanks & Regards
Chirag Manocha