Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andy <an...@esolution.co.uk> on 2003/06/06 16:36:55 UTC

war and jar file?

Sorry to repost, but being a newbie to stuts i am hopeing that somebody in the
struts community knows the answer to this? Any help would be much
appreciated....

I am trying to get started with the stuts blank project. I have modified the
build.xml and compiled the blank example sucessfully. My questions is that on
building the example my blank.war file is created along with a blank.jar.
Extracting the blank.jar shows the projects resources/application.properties
file. However this file is included in with war file and the war file
deploys to tomcat with no problems. Therfore what is the purpose of having my
application.resources file built to a seperate jar file in this manner?

cheers

Andy