Posted to users@solr.apache.org by David Santamauro <da...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/11 17:32:04 UTC

Searching multiple collections and the ignored qt parameter

Good day,

In our setup, we have multiple collections that contain differing versions of the same documents and visibility is currently restricted by using custom request handlers, e.g.,

Collection: c1 (an empty collection)
  <requestHandler name=”a”>
    <str name=”shards.qt”>handler</str>
    <str name=”collection”>c2,c3,c4</str>
  </requestHandler>

The in c2, c3 and c4, I defined

  <requestHandler name”handler”>
    <str name=”fq”>-field: (various restrictions based on collection )</str>
  </requestHandler>

Note: each collection has its own solrconfig.xml

It seems somewhere between version 6.6 and the one I’m testing (8.11.1), the qt parameter was removed. We currently control this all using /c1/select?qt=a&q=*:* … but this clearly no longer functions.

Is there any replacement for the qt parameter that would allow me to keep my handler configurations or do I  have to rethink the entire concept of data visibility, e.g., userA can only see the document version in c2 while userB can see the document version in c4 and the fq of the request handlers in c2 and c3 mask their document versions so only the version appropriate to the user is returned?

This logic has worked soundly for many years and I’d hate to have to abandon it.

Thanks