Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> on 2015/09/23 17:49:55 UTC

Builds timing out on Jenkins

Hi,

I started seeing builds timing out (after 90mins) on Jenkins [1]. So far
I think this affected the DOCUMENT_RDB fixture only. Julian, how long
should such builds take? As I also have seen OOME in this area, might we
run under memory pressure?

Michael

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/job/Apache%20Jackrabbit%20Oak%20matrix/431/jdk=latest1.7,label=Ubuntu,nsfixtures=DOCUMENT_RDB,profile=integrationTesting/console
[2]

Re: Builds timing out on Jenkins

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@greenbytes.de>.
On 2015-09-23 17:49, Michael Dürig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started seeing builds timing out (after 90mins) on Jenkins [1]. So far
> I think this affected the DOCUMENT_RDB fixture only. Julian, how long
> should such builds take? As I also have seen OOME in this area, might we
> run under memory pressure?
>
> Michael

I don't have any numbers ready but note that the performance of the
various build machines seems to vary. For the same build the
DOCUMENT_RDB build for JDK8 only took 14 minutes...

I'll try to get a rough estimate on my machine, but that will take some
time as it interferes with normal work...

Best regards, Julian

Re: Builds timing out on Jenkins

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

it may also be possible that the ConcurrentAddIT test is
occasionally stuck. A similar behaviour is seen with
the ConcurrentAddNodesIT on DOCUMENT_NS on travis.

Regards
 Marcel