Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anthony Metcalf <an...@anferny.ath.cx> on 2004/09/14 15:05:23 UTC

svn log doesn't show all entries, svn log -ra:b does

Hi, I'm seeing a strangeness on a repo.

[x] refers to the attachment x.

If I run svn log I get [1]

That looks quite normal you might say. Except I'm at revision 14.

If I run svn log -ra:b I get what I wanted, as in [2]
This happens consistantly on this repo, and I think on other repo's I've made.

It's not a big problem, most of the time I've just commited anyway so the revision number is just 1 line up, but it is quite irritating to have to check the revision your at to be able to get the full log.

Re: svn log doesn't show all entries, svn log -ra:b does

Posted by Anthony Metcalf <an...@anferny.ath.cx>.
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:13:25 -0400
François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net> wrote:

> http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#wc-out-of-date

That would be correct. I sillily assumed that a commit would update all files in the working copy to the correct revision.

Thanks

Re: svn log doesn't show all entries, svn log -ra:b does

Posted by François Beausoleil <fb...@ftml.net>.
Anthony Metcalf wrote:

> Hi, I'm seeing a strangeness on a repo.

That would be a WC.  The problem is mixed-revisions working copies.

See the FAQ entry:
http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#wc-out-of-date

And the book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.0/ch02s03.html#svn-ch-2-sect-3.4