Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/25 23:31:13 UTC

Cannot Load JDBC driver

Attempting new install of OpenMeeting on XP / SP3.
Attempting to use MySQL connection.
This error shows up in log/openmeetings.log

ERROR 09-25 17:26:07.953 ScopeApplicationAdapter.java 11032 174
org.openmeetings.app.remote.red5.ScopeApplicationAdapter
[Launcher:/openmeetings] - [appStart]
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not
open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is
<openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Cannot load JDBC
driver class 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'

Help?

RE: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
David,

It may not solve your issues, but when I have issues installing, I drop any openmeetings databases that been created, then delete the /usr/lib/red5 folder, and reinstall everything again.

I have found that I can get a clean install to work, but I have never succeeded in getting a installation to work once it has failed.

I know it can be done if you know enough about how OpenMeetings works, but as yet experience has proven that I don’t.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Posted by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com>.
Ran the debug option. Two small frames popped up.
First:
tSWFURL ::  maindebug.swf8.swf?lzproxied=solo&lc_SID=962286
Connect to LocalConnection  962286__rtmpLC
ondata
ondata
main.lzx/config.xml ondata «<anonymous extends='canvas'>#1#0| This is the
canvas»
_url:
http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/maindebug.as3.swf10.swf?lzr=swf8&lzt=swf
second:
onselect  «<anonymous extends='labeldTextListItem'>#1#0|
/anonymous/@interior/@content/anonymous» null false
INFO: #_mainbgcontentNavi.setContextMenu is deprecated.  Use
#_mainbgcontentNavi.setAttribute instead
main.lzx/oninit: «<anonymous extends='canvas'>#7#6| This is the canvas»
ondata
ondata
main.lzx/config.xml ondata «<anonymous extends='canvas'>#7#6| This is the
canvas»
userSSLString no
lc_SID:  962286
_url
http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/maindebug.swf8.swf?lzproxied=solo&lc_SID=962286
http://localhost:5080/openmeetings/maindebug.swf8.sw
isNotPort80:  16 5
this zielnr:  «<anonymous extends='canvas'>#7#6| This is the canvas»
localhost
INFO: ###################### -1
INFO: invitationHash ::  undefined

INFO: ###################### -2
devRtmpConnection/registerMethods()

Does this mean anything to you?
Thanks.
~David

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Can you go to

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by David Takle <dj...@gmail.com>.
Ahhh!

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Ahh actually scratch that. The XP guide is written with compile instructions only where MySQL connector is downloaded at compile time, I'll add the binary install version to the guide tomo.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.codetwo.com

Re: Cannot Load JDBC driver