Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Elif Guner <el...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 19:36:14 UTC

Inter-portlet communication / JS

Hi all,

I made a sample portlet application such that when i enter a text and
submit it on one portlet, the other portlet reads it and shows what I
entered. I did it using setting an attribute in the portlet session as
global. (PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE)
It works fine but my problem is that when I submit the text it
refreshes the whole page, because it goes to the first portlet's
processAction method and then doView methods of all the portlets are
called. Is there a way to do it with Javascript so that only the
portlet in communication with the portlet triggering the event will be
refreshed?

I also tried the example given on
http://www.techieindex.com/techie/articles/details.jsp?id=1778
but all I get is
Portlet is Not Available: dwrcommunicationportlet::DWRCommunicationPortlet1
Reason: null

Thanks very much...
Elif