Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/23 23:41:55 UTC

Exception for HADOOP-4006 to go into feature froze 0.19 branch.

HADOOP-4006 does some code reorg, mainly HDFS. It was ready to be
committed for 0.19 before the 5 pm deadline for 0.19 last Friday. But I
messed it up committed it around 5:37pm. 0.19 was branched around 5:10
and I didn't notice it.

This patch modifies or renames quite a few constants used throughout
HDFS. So most patches that go into 0.19 will conflict with trunk. There
is no functionality change in this patch.

I propose to have an exception for this patch and commit it to 0.19. I
take full responsibility for messing up the commit.

thanks,
Raghu.

Re: Exception for HADOOP-4006 to go into feature froze 0.19 branch.

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Owen O'Malley wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Raghu Angadi wrote:
>
>> I propose to have an exception for this patch and commit it to 0.19. I
>> take full responsibility for messing up the commit.
>
> I'm +1 to granting the exception for 4006 (and the follow up 4242).

Thanks. I committed HADOOP-4006 and HADOOP-4242 to 0.19. updated
CHANGES.txt accordingly on 0.19 and trunk.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Sep 23, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Raghu Angadi wrote:

> I propose to have an exception for this patch and commit it to 0.19.
> I take full responsibility for messing up the commit.

I'm +1 to granting the exception for 4006 (and the follow up 4242).

-- Owen

Re: Exception for HADOOP-4006 to go into feature froze 0.19 branch.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
+1 I'm okay with this going into the branch.

Doug