Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "A. Santillan Iturres" <al...@netverk.com.ar> on 2001/03/01 01:24:38 UTC

Re: Not even beginning - INSTALL HELP

Finally I reinstalled Perl 5.6 and mod_perl installed without problems.
I am really new to mod_perl and I don't know if mod_perl is running well.
How can I know?

I would like to test if my script is running under mod_perl so I wrote the
following from the faqs but nothing happens (nothing is written):

#!/usr/bin/perl
if (exists $ENV{"MOD_PERL"}){ #if running under mod_perl
print "first test\n";
}
if($ENV{"GATEWAY_INTERFACE"} eq "CGI-Perl/1.1"){
print "second test\n";
}

Will this work as a test to know if mod_perl is running?

Thanks

Alejandro

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_