Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sandeep Giri <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/11 20:38:17 UTC

Avoiding Spam

Hi,
I am having a bad time with spam. Although I have set SMTP AUTH to true by
following the article http://james.apache.org/server/2.3.1/smtp_auth.html.
It was working fine untill today when our server has been spammed.
As far as I can guess, there is some week password. What should I do to
debug this problem?

How do I know which account is being used to login using SMTP AUTH by the
spammer?
How do I just restrict this particular IP (222.125.105.71)?

I have shutdown James for now. Kindly help as I cant switch on James and
cant keep it switched off.

Regards,
Sandeep Giri