Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Thomas Fuchs <tm...@web.de> on 2002/05/06 11:07:02 UTC

lexetius.com, lucene logo

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry, I never resived your message because I'm not listed in the lucene mailing list. I just found it with google. ;)

I included now the powered by lucene logo in http://lexetius.com/?internes=informationen. There is a short description of the search engine, too.

I didn't so before, because the legal stuff coming with lucene says, the names "Apache" and "Lucene" must not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without prior written permission. I find that a little bit confusing.

Thanks

- Thomas

> Hi Thomas,

I looked at your site, but didn't see the powered by Lucene on any of the
Internes pages.

You must have the Powered by Lucene Logo on your site.  Please let me know
where I can find it.

Thanks

--Peter

Re: lexetius.com, lucene logo

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hello,

I was wrong in my description of the requirements to have a site added to
the powered by Lucene. The powered by Lucene logo must be on the search
results page.

Sorry about the confusion.

--Peter

Powered by Lucene, what is the criteria

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi I just read the Powered by Lucene web page and it states that:

Please include something like the following with your search results:
search powered by

Does the logo need to be in the results page or just somewhere on the site,
like the about area?

I may have just misinformed Zoe.