Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by angelochen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2012/04/11 16:52:49 UTC

setting japanese locale in a service

hi,
in tapestry 5.3, i enabled the 'jp' and it works, but in a service if i do a
locale.setLocale(Locale.JAPANESE) in a PageLinkTransformer, it does not work
in the page, still shows English, but if i did Locale.CHINESE, it works. any
idea why? simplified code as follow:

public class SampleTransformer implements PageRenderLinkTransformer {

    @Inject
    private ContextValueEncoder contextValueEncoder;

    @Inject
    private Response response;

    @Inject
    private ThreadLocale locale;

    // for outgoing link
    public Link transformPageRenderLink(Link link,
PageRenderRequestParameters pageRenderRequestParameters) {

    }

    // for incoming links
    public PageRenderRequestParameters decodePageRenderRequest(Request
request) {

          //      locale.setLocale(Locale.CHINESE); // this works

       		locale.setLocale(Locale.JAPANESE); // this does not work

            return new PageRenderRequestParameters("sample/list",
                    new URLEventContext(contextValueEncoder, new
String[]{inf.get("code"), pageNo}), false);
        }
        return null;
    }

}

Re: setting japanese locale in a service

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Saying that your locale is "jp" is not really valid, you either specify
your language OR you specify your language/country (eg either "ja" or
"ja_JP) but never just the country as some countries speak multiple
languages.

en_GB and en_US will both default to "en" if a more specific message bundle
can not be found

Tapestry uses java's ResourceBundle under the hood (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/ResourceBundle.html)

Re: setting japanese locale in a service

Posted by angelochen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
thanks for the reply.
what's the difference of Local.JAPAN and Local.JAPANESE. does Local.JApAN
work for localhost:8080/jp ?

Lance Java wrote

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Locale.JAPANESE = "ja"

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Have you added jp to the list of supported locales?

http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html#Configuration-tapestry.supportedlocales