Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/18 11:36:58 UTC

Announce: Portal and Authentication Components Donated

Hi Cocoon'ers!

We are proud to announce the donation of the portal and authentication
components into the scratchpad section of the current CVS. As previously
mentioned, these components were originally written for a product offering
we have that extends Cocoon with additional functionality.

The donation consists of the actual components, an example portal (startable
from the samples page) that uses the components and documentation (in the
developers section).

For a first look at what you can do with the portal - look here:
http://www.need-a-cake.com/stories/2002/02/14/cocoonPortalFirstLook.html

We look forward to your comments and seeing some great portals being built
with Cocoon!

Carsten Ziegeler / Matthew Langham

Re: Announce: Portal and Authentication Components Donated

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Just remember that the portal is fetching different pieces of information
>and the time it takes to build is dependent on the time the data-sources
>need. Also, the first login takes longer because the classes are loaded. And
>your portal profile (not the content :-)) is cached the first time you log
>in - so the next logins should be a lot quicker.

I assumed something the like; later on, it worked perfectly; I am
currently looking into sunlets and I
like the concept.

>Matthew

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR

RE: Announce: Portal and Authentication Components Donated

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Michael,

Just done, your changes to sunshine/connector/Resource.java worked. It
took 2-3 seconds for the next
page after login to come up, but the result is outright professional; I
will keep digging ;)
<<

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>Michael Hartle wrote:
>>
>Thanks for your quick feedback, Michael.

Carsten, I have to thank for your donation ;)

>I just checked in a fix - it should work now. Could you please test it?

Just done, your changes to sunshine/connector/Resource.java worked. It
took 2-3 seconds for the next
page after login to come up, but the result is outright professional; I
will keep digging ;)

>Thanks
>
>Carsten

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR

RE: Session:set-attribute logicsheet bug?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Paolo Scaffardi [mailto:lavoro@arsenio.net]
>
> I tried Cocoon 2.0.1 with an existing project of mine, and i
discovered
> that the session logicsheet has changed. In my code i have something
> like that:
>
> 	<session:set-attribute
> name="pippo"><xsp:expr>myVar</xsp:expr></session:set-attribute>
>
> But the logicsheet transforms it to:
>
> 	XSPRequestHelper.setSessionAttribute (ObjectModel,
> String.valueOf("Pippo"), "MyVar" );
>
> instead of:
>
> 	XSPRequestHelper.setSessionAttribute (ObjectModel,
> String.valueOf("Pippo"), MyVar);
>
> I fixed that restoring "session:set-attribute" definition to:
>     <xsl:variable name="content">
>       <xsl:call-template name="get-nested-content">
>         <xsl:with-param name="content" select="."/> <!-- THIS LINE HAS
> BEEN RESTORED -->
>       </xsl:call-template>
>     </xsl:variable>
>
> I hope this will help you.

Thanks for the finding the bug. It was more to it -
<xsp-session:set-attribute
name="pippo">myLiteral</xsp-session:set-attribute> was not processed Ok
with fix proposed by you, so some other changes also was required. Try
latest CVS that it works Ok or you now.

Regards,
Vadim

Posted by Paolo Scaffardi <la...@arsenio.net>.
I tried Cocoon 2.0.1 with an existing project of mine, and i discovered
that the session logicsheet has changed. In my code i have something
like that:

	<session:set-attribute
name="pippo"><xsp:expr>myVar</xsp:expr></session:set-attribute>

But the logicsheet transforms it to:

	XSPRequestHelper.setSessionAttribute (ObjectModel,
String.valueOf("Pippo"), "MyVar" );

instead of:

	XSPRequestHelper.setSessionAttribute (ObjectModel,
String.valueOf("Pippo"), MyVar);

I fixed that restoring "session:set-attribute" definition to:

<xsl:template match="session:set-attribute">
    <xsl:variable name="name">
      <xsl:call-template name="value-for-name"/>
    </xsl:variable>

    <xsl:variable name="content">
      <xsl:call-template name="get-nested-content">
        <xsl:with-param name="content" select="."/> <!-- THIS LINE HAS
BEEN RESTORED -->
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:variable>

    <xsp:logic>
      XSPRequestHelper.setSessionAttribute(objectModel,
      String.valueOf(<xsl:copy-of select="$name"/>),
      <xsl:copy-of select="$content"/>
      );
    </xsp:logic>
  </xsl:template>

I hope this will help you.

ByeBye,
Paolo Scaffardi
Embedded Linux Developer

AIRVENT SAM S.p.A.
via Macanno 32 - 47900 Rimini
ITALY
Tel. 0541 383294
Fax. 0541 387086

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
> Michael Hartle wrote:

Thanks for your quick feedback, Michael.

> * After a fresh cvs checkout of the HEAD, a
>
>         ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
>
> does not work anymore, as sunshine-related classes are not being found;
> you have to do a
>
>         ./build.sh -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes
> -Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes webapp
>
> as the portal demo is currently half-main, half-scratchpad.

Yes, we know this and are currently searching for a solution.

> * I went straight to the Portal demo and logged myself in as
> guest/guest. Logging in was
> successful (I later tried to login as administator and got told that I
> am already logged in),
> but then the location of the file sunspotdemo/profiles/sunletprofile.xml
> is being resolved
> incorrectly - Cocoon complains that it cannot find
>
> file:/var/src/build/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/cocoon/var/src/bu

ild/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/webapps/cocoon/sunspotdemo/profiles/sunletprofile.x
ml

Posted by Michael Hartle <mh...@hartle-klug.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi Cocoon'ers!
>
>We are proud to announce the donation of the portal and authentication
>components into the scratchpad section of the current CVS. As previously
>mentioned, these components were originally written for a product offering
>we have that extends Cocoon with additional functionality.

A really cool donation ! I am currently trying to get an in-depth
picture of the portal and yet stumbling
across minor issues.

- Machine: P4 1.5 Ghz 512 MB RAM
- OS: SuSE 7.2 Linux
- Java: Sun, Java 1.4.0 HotSpot Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92)
- Servlet-Container: Tomcat 4.0.1

[...]

So far my findings,
Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR

Re: Announce: Portal and Authentication Components Donated

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi Cocoon'ers!
>
>We are proud to announce the donation of the portal and authentication
>components into the scratchpad section of the current CVS. As previously
>mentioned, these components were originally written for a product offering
>we have that extends Cocoon with additional functionality.
>
>The donation consists of the actual components, an example portal (startable
>from the samples page) that uses the components and documentation (in the
>developers section).
>
>For a first look at what you can do with the portal - look here:
>http://www.need-a-cake.com/stories/2002/02/14/cocoonPortalFirstLook.html
>
>We look forward to your comments and seeing some great portals being built
>with Cocoon!
>
>Carsten Ziegeler / Matthew Langham

Many thanks for this donation.

I gave a quick look a it, and I'm impressed by the heavy use of the
sitemap. This looks really nice. I also understand now why you were the
first ones to hit the 64k bytecode size limit for a sitemap ;)

More feedback later...

Thanks again,
Sylvain

Re: Announce: Portal and Authentication Components Donated

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi Cocoon'ers!
>
> We are proud to announce the donation of the portal and authentication
> components into the scratchpad section of the current CVS. As previously
> mentioned, these components were originally written for a product offering
> we have that extends Cocoon with additional functionality.
>
> The donation consists of the actual components, an example portal (startable
> from the samples page) that uses the components and documentation (in the
> developers section).

Hey guys, awsome donnation. I'm back from a vacation week (was
snowboarding in the alps). I've checked out the new stuff and it looks
very professional. Many thanks for it.

Giacomo [again hundreds of mails behind head]

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.