Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James DeLude <jd...@trainor.com> on 2002/11/15 18:24:48 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite help

I'm currently running 1.3.23 on RH 7.2.  The server is running a mixture of
multiple name and IP based virtual hosts.  It appears the mod_rewrite is
already installed in my config:

    LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
    AddModule mod_rewrite.c

What I would like to do is some simple URL redirections as well as directory
and file name substitutions.  Similar the the snipit below:

    RewriteEngine   on
    RewriteRule /^home\.html$  home.vep [P]

My question is, is this the correct translation to change all requests for
http://www.xyz.com/home.html to http://www.xyz.com/home.vep?  Also, where
Should this definition live?  Should it appear by itself in the httpd.conf
File, in a <Directory> definition, or a  <VirtualHost 192.168.10.10>
definition?  Any help or example configuration files would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

James DeLude
TRAINOR ASSOCIATES
135 Oxford Road
New Hartford, NY 13413
(315) 797-7970
(315) 797-7975 (Fax)
jim9@trainor.com

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN
INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND EXEMPT
FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or
telephone, and delete the original message immediately.
Thank you.