Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yanbin Ma <ym...@competitrack.com> on 2004/09/02 23:10:53 UTC

web.xml

Hi,

I am very new to tomcat. I have a question about web.xml.

I was using all jsp files without a web.xml under WEB-INF folder.
Everything worked fine, until I added some servlet java classes and
web.xml to register them. Then tomcat cannot find my jsp any more.

What should I do to solve this? Thanks!

Regards,
Yanbin

Re: web.xml

Posted by Schalk Neethling <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
Yanbin

Where are you placing your servlets and jsp's? Also, please post your
web.xml

Yanbin Ma wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am very new to tomcat. I have a question about web.xml.
>
>I was using all jsp files without a web.xml under WEB-INF folder.
>Everything worked fine, until I added some servlet java classes and
>web.xml to register them. Then tomcat cannot find my jsp any more.
>
>What should I do to solve this? Thanks!
>
>Regards,
>Yanbin

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
Global: www.volume4.com
South-Africa: www.volume4.co.za

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original email. Thank you.

Re: web.xml

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 05:10:53PM -0400, Yanbin Ma wrote:
: I was using all jsp files without a web.xml under WEB-INF folder.
: Everything worked fine, until I added some servlet java classes and
: web.xml to register them. Then tomcat cannot find my jsp any more.

1/ please post a *new* message when writing to the list.  Replying to
an old (unrelated) message confuses thread-aware mailers, which makes
your question harder to find (and thus answer).

2/ Post your web.xml, as none of us can see it =)  Sounds like a
misapplied servlet mapping that includes a "/" where it shouldn't.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com