Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 20:22:38 UTC

PatternVersionMatcher in Ivy code base

Hi,

While answering a question from a user on the user ml, I've checked the code
to see if we have a version matcher able to work with regular expression, as
I remembered sg like this have been developed before. I've found
PatternVersionMatcher. But it seems this is not documented, not tested and
not even declared in our default typedef.properties. According to the svn
log, Maarten, you seem to be the one who has checked in this code. Do you
remember your use case? Do you have any hint on how it is used? According to
the code there's something with parenthesis and arguments given to the
revision and the matcher. But at least an example would help. And since it
seems to be very powerful, adding documentation about it would be nice too -
a kind of new feature, despite it's in the code base for 2 years now :-).

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/