Posted to users@maven.apache.org by simon <si...@chello.at> on 2008/01/22 18:57:48 UTC

Re: [M2] broken build because repos unreachable for plugin update check

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 09:38 -0800, jblack wrote:
> An interesting and unexpected situation this morning...  Our artifactory
> server lost power and was unreachable.  Our projects are configured in their
> repositories and pluginRepositories sections to use artifactory as
> 'central'.
>
> So now maven complains it can't find the standard maven 'clean' plugin.  The
> clean plugin is already in our local maven repos, so what is going on here?
> Is it the update check is failing because the repo is not responding and
> therefore fails the build even though a perfectly good plugin is available?
>
> We try using the --no-plugin-updates command line switch, but it did not
> help.
>
> What is the solution so that we can build again?

mvn --offline ??

Re: [M2] broken build because repos unreachable for plugin update check

Posted by jblack <jb...@gestalt-llc.com>.
Of course!  Forgot about that one.  This gets us working again.
I will add this to our lessons learned so we don't have the same pain the
next time around.

Thanks.