Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Paul Joireman <pa...@physiq.com> on 2016/10/24 14:56:35 UTC

Watermarks and window firing

Hi all,

The documentation for event timestamps and watermarks (https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.1/apis/streaming/event_timestamps_watermarks.html) states that the

The AssignerWithPeriodicWatermarks assigns timestamps and generates watermarks periodically (possibly depending on the stream elements, or purely based on processing time).

The interval (every n milliseconds) in which the watermark will be generated is defined viaExecutionConfig.setAutoWatermarkInterval(...). Each time, the assigner's getCurrentWatermark() method will be called, and a new Watermark will be emitted, if the returned Watermark is non-null and larger than the previous Watermark.

Re: Watermarks and window firing

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Just for others who are wondering what this email is about: I suspect that
this email was send accidentally and that this is the correct one: