Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2021/02/26 18:26:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.2.0-rc.1

Dear community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Teaclave (incubating)
version 0.2.0. This is the second Apache release since Teaclave
entered the incubator.

The Apache Teaclave (incubating) community has voted and approved the
release, with four +1 votes from IPMC members (Pei Wang, Yulong Zhang,
Rundong Zhou, Tongxin Li).

Vote/result thread:
  - https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd0ca1591578bcc60d73ce8722908d5001bd81dffe7a33e205bd28184%40%3Cdev.teaclave.apache.org%3E

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.2.0-rc.1/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
  - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
  - https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-teaclave.git;a=commit;h=0d1a001bb4741e3c652d121d2dfafa5d9361f84c

The release note is available in:
  - https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/releases/tag/v0.2.0-rc.1

Build guide and get started instructions can be found at:
  - https://github.com/apache/incubator-teaclave/blob/v0.2.0-rc.1/docs/my-first-function.md

The short version of building Teaclave from the source tarball:

```
$ wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/teaclave/0.2.0-rc.1/apache-teaclave-0.2.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf apache-teaclave-0.2.0-rc.1-incubating.tar.gz && cd
apache-teaclave-0.2.0-rc.1-incubating
$ # Instructions to verify the source tar:
https://teaclave.apache.org/download/#verify-the-integrity-of-the-files

$ docker run --rm -v $(pwd):/teaclave -w /teaclave \
  -it teaclave/teaclave-build-ubuntu-1804-sgx-2.9.1:latest \
   bash -c ". /root/.cargo/env && \
     . /opt/sgxsdk/environment && \
     mkdir -p build && cd build && \
     cmake -DTEST_MODE=ON DSGX_SIM_MODE=ON -DGIT_SUBMODULE=OFF .. && \
     make"
```

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

  [ ] +1 approve
  [ ] +0 no opinion
  [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best,

Mingshen Sun
http://mssun.me

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.2.0-rc.1

Posted by Mingshen Sun <bo...@mssun.me>.
Thanks to everyone that participated. The vote to release Apache
Teaclave (incubating) version 0.2.0 Release Candidate 1 is now closed.

The vote PASSED with 7 binding +1, 0 non binding +1 and 0 -1 votes:

Binding votes:
- Yu Ding
- Furkan Kamaci
- Rundong Zhou
- Pei Wang
- Tongxin Li
- Yiming Jing
- Matt Sicker

I will release Apache Teaclave (incubating) v0.2.0 and post an
announcement. Thanks.

Best,
Mingshen Sun

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi Furkan,

I tried to compile it in Docker for macOS with 8 GB memory and can
compile it successfully (but pretty slow).

Can you verify that the `apache-teaclave-0.2.0-rc.1-incubating/keys`
directory exists? If possible, it's recommended to compile with docker
on Linux.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yiming Jing <yj...@apache.org>.
+1 approve

Posted by Rundong Zhou <ru...@apache.org>.
+1

Regards,
Rundong

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Alright, I'll try compiling with more resources allocated to Docker
and report back.

Posted by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.