Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu> on 2003/10/27 21:12:30 UTC

X2EE

I just found this interesting link:

http://www.x2ee.org/index.html

Check out the forrest skin!  Cocoon is also mentioned.

Anyone know who's behind this all?

Tony

Re: X2EE

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thursday 30 October 2003 00:01, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> >On Tuesday 28 October 2003 04:18, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> >>IMO Cocoon is not only mentioned, the complete framework seems to be
> >>build on Cocoon.
> >
> >Not really built on Cocoon as he wants to establish a language neutral XML
> >fuelled system, hence the dotNet and Java implementation layers.
> >
> >One can say that he "borrowed" a significant amount from Cocoon, just like
> > M$ recently "stole" an equally large chunk from Cocoon as well. (Who does
> > it, makes a difference doesn't it?)
>
> Interesting. Can you expand on this? What did Microsoft stole from Cocoon?

Sorry I can't find the proper references and details. But think SITEMAP and
PIPELINE processing.

Niclas

Re: X2EE

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>On Tuesday 28 October 2003 04:18, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>

>>IMO Cocoon is not only mentioned, the complete framework seems to be
>>build on Cocoon.
>>

>Not really built on Cocoon as he wants to establish a language neutral XML
>fuelled system, hence the dotNet and Java implementation layers.
>
>One can say that he "borrowed" a significant amount from Cocoon, just like M$
>recently "stole" an equally large chunk from Cocoon as well. (Who does it,
>makes a difference doesn't it?)

Interesting. Can you expand on this? What did Microsoft stole from Cocoon?

Sylvain

Re: X2EE

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Re: X2EE

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
On 27.10.2003 21:12, Tony Collen wrote:

> I just found this interesting link:
>
> http://www.x2ee.org/index.html
>
> Check out the forrest skin!  Cocoon is also mentioned.
>
> Anyone know who's behind this all?

http://www.x2ee.org/contact.html

Steven Punte, Candlelight Software

I know from the lists. He was at leasts temporarily active
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?w=2&r=1&s=Steven+Punte&q=a).

IMO Cocoon is not only mentioned, the complete framework seems to be
build on Cocoon.

Joerg

Re: X2EE

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> The author of this doc (http://www.x2ee.org/whitepaper.doc) is Steven P.
> Punte.

Yet another case of me firing off an email before totally looking at everything :)

Interesting nonetheless. I think a North-America chapter of Orixo would be worthwhile.

Regards,

Tony

RE: X2EE

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.