Posted to current-testers@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2005/02/13 21:09:36 UTC

Apache 2.0.53/Win32/.msi+.exe installers

Dearest testing community;

at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ you will find new Win32
installers for the apache_2.0.53 release, and the new Win32
source tarball (buildable from command line on VC5+ with
nmake -f makefile.win).

Please validate and report, before I push this out live.
Mea Culpa this is running behind, we have both the svn change
which I had to contend with, an incomplete apr-iconv release
which had to be completed, and this is the *first* release
of 2.0.x using the InstallShield X product (previous releases
were created with InstallShield for Windows Installer.)

As with most 'automatic conversions' not everything that is
converted magically becomes magically correct.  Although it
seems this installer is stable, wider testing is needed due
to the changeover.

Please cc: me in all replies to avoid moderation.  Thanks!

Bill

Re: Apache 2.0.53/Win32/.msi+.exe installers

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Dearest testing community;
>
> at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ you will find new Win32
> installers for the apache_2.0.53 release, and the new Win32
> source tarball (buildable from command line on VC5+ with
> nmake -f makefile.win).
>
> Please validate and report, before I push this out live.
> Mea Culpa this is running behind, we have both the svn change
> which I had to contend with, an incomplete apr-iconv release
> which had to be completed, and this is the *first* release
> of 2.0.x using the InstallShield X product (previous releases
> were created with InstallShield for Windows Installer.)
>
> As with most 'automatic conversions' not everything that is
> converted magically becomes magically correct.  Although it
> seems this installer is stable, wider testing is needed due
> to the changeover.
>
> Please cc: me in all replies to avoid moderation.  Thanks!
>
> Bill

For me, both the .msi installer and the build from the
sources (using VC++ 6) worked fine.

--
best regards,
randy kobes

Re: Apache 2.0.53/Win32/.msi+.exe installers

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Given Mladen's and Randy's testing, including my own, I've
pushed these out to binaries/win32/... thanks all.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.