Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by Steve Baillargeon <st...@ericsson.com> on 2017/11/14 22:05:57 UTC

Attributes

Hi
The YAML spec is confusing about when the service or node instance actually exposes the value of an attribute.
Does ARIA always implement and expose the values of all attribute definitions (optional and mandatory) defined in normative types?

Related observation: it is very strange that the YAML spec does not support a REQUIRED keyname for the attribute definition. Then how do we go about declaring an optional vs mandatory attribute definition in custom type definitions? For now, I am almost ready to conclude that all attributes SHOULD be exposed by the TOSCA orchestrator regardless if it is required or not.

-Steve

Re: Attributes

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.
Why are you calling this attribute "optional"?

ARIA always exposes it, and also *should* fill in its value. This might
depend on the actual plugin doing the provisioning work... we would need to
verify this on a case by case basis. As to which value, again it depends on
the plugin.

Which IP address should it use? TOSCA doesn't say. I think everyone agrees
that networking in TOSCA is very poorly designed.

RE: Attributes

Posted by Steve Baillargeon <st...@ericsson.com>.

Re: Attributes

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@cloudify.co>.