Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Haar <Ja...@trimble.co.nz> on 2004/07/26 06:42:29 UTC

Can someone spell out what info SA wants from a MTA?

Hi there

I'm the author of Qmail-Scanner - a MTA-level content-filter for Qmail, and
I want to check that Q-S will totally support all the cool new options in
SA-3.0 :-)

Obviously SA wants to be passed a complete e-mail message - that's easy -
what I'm concerned about is other "meta info" - like "MAIL FROM", "RCPT TO"
and "HELO/EHLO" details

Currently I have ensured that Qmail-Scanner passes both a "Return-Path:" and
a "X-Envelope-From:" header to spamc, and spamc itself is called as "spamc
-u $recip" so as to notify SA who the recipient is in case the site is doing
funky things with per-user settings, etc.

Are there any other options I should be aware of?

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417