Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net> on 2002/09/24 02:23:57 UTC

[JSTL] Getting requestURI

Howdy folks.  I'm at a loss here.  I just don't see a way to do this,
other than subclassing some of Struts' machinery to provide this for me,
but I'd rather not do any more of that than I have to :-)

I'm trying to do kind of a "breadcrumbs"-type-thing.  I have "modules"
which I load in a custom plugin.  Each of these modules has "menu items"
which it holds - that can also contain other menu items.  What I'm
attempting to do is determine what the requestURI is
(request.getRequestURI()) so that I can determine where I am in in my
heirarchy by matching a piece of the path.  Unfortunately, I don't see a
good way to do this with taglibs ... and I'm thinking I'll have to at
least overload processPreprocess or some such.

Would any of you kind folks have a simper way? :-)  Is there something
Struts "pokes out there", that I'm unaware of, which would be indicative
of the "current executing action"?

I'm all ears - thanks for your input.

--
Eddie Bush