Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2004/01/19 15:08:38 UTC

jaxen does not build in some gump instances

Hi,

I am interested in seeing jaxen build in gump.

On some gump instances, the build of jaxen is failing  (see footnotes).

I am an ant developer, and I need jaxen indirectly to get ant
xdocs/proposal to build.

Antoine

[1] http://gump.covalent.net/log/jaxen-from-packaged-dom4j.html
[2] http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jaxen/index.html

Re: jaxen does not build in some gump instances

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
Let me take a look from your description.

Scott

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
On Jan 19, 2004, at 9:24 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On some gump instances, the build of jaxen is failing (see
>> footnotes).
>
> I don't think Jaxen builds on any Gump instances.

This is correct.  Jaxen and dom4j will not build on Gump since there is
a circular dependency between the two.  I am a jaxen developer, and

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
wrote:

> On some gump instances, the build of jaxen is failing (see
> footnotes).

I don't think Jaxen builds on any Gump instances.

> I am an ant developer, and I need jaxen indirectly to get ant
> xdocs/proposal to build.

Use packaged-jaxen instead of jaxen.

Stefan

Re: jaxen does not build in some gump instances

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> I am interested in seeing jaxen build in gump.

So am I. I'm told there is a circular dependency with DOM4J & (from folks
who've tried) it needs for code in DOM4J to move to Jaxen, and vice-verse,
in order to get fixed. For some reason the DOM4J/Jaxen communities don't
seem able to make this happen. I really wish this could be fixed, but this
is the third of fourth time I've heard about it w/o seeing any action.

regards

Adam