Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Gambale, Michael J." <mi...@merck.com> on 2000/05/16 17:31:50 UTC

Logicsheets and reserved keywords likre request and response

Just to verify.  When I write a logic sheet I can't use the reserved
keywords in the xsp:logic sections.  What I started to try and do is to
write a logic sheet that contains some checks  like
if (!(request.isRequestedSessionIdFromCookie())) {
		theurl = response.encodeUrl(theurl);
But when at first I tried this it did not like the response keyword.  I've
seen examples where the response keyword is in the xsp:expr tag ( as in the
clean page example included in Cocoon).  But I guess I want to do a few
checks that include checking for null fields coming across a form submit
(maybe I should use XForms for that but a lot of our stuff is html).  The
reason why I'd like to do this is so that there is minimal code inside the
xml document.

If you've done or are doing similar things let me know.  Or let me know if
there is a better solution

-Mike