Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/12/17 15:18:39 UTC

Refactoring Cforms samples

Guys,

Looking at the Cforms samples I notice 3 different versions of Form.js and
samples based on each of them.

In the light of making things easier for the "ordinary" users, would it be
possible to settle for one of those three and refactor the other samples to
use only that one?

A second step would be to rearrange/rename the files to show which files
belong to which sample.

A third step: are all (Cforms) samples rewritten to use only
Flow-JXTemplates-Cforms?

Finally, does the section on Cforms include references to other samples that
use Cforms?

I could have a try at this, but before that I need to know which version of
Form.js will be settled on.

Bye, Helma

Re: Refactoring Cforms samples

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Looking at the Cforms samples I notice 3 different versions of Form.js and
> samples based on each of them.
>
> In the light of making things easier for the "ordinary" users, would it be
> possible to settle for one of those three and refactor the other samples to
> use only that one?

that's what we decided in gent - see
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22StabilizeCocoonForms

> A second step would be to rearrange/rename the files to show which files
> belong to which sample.

+1

> A third step: are all (Cforms) samples rewritten to use only
> Flow-JXTemplates-Cforms?

we should provide examples with all three possible ways:
- generator
- trasformer
- jxmakro

v1 + http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22StabilizeCocoonForms

--
Reinhard

Re: Refactoring Cforms samples

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 17 déc. 04, à 15:18, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl a écrit :

> ...In the light of making things easier for the "ordinary" users,
> would it be
> possible to settle for one of those three and refactor the other
> samples to
> use only that one?...

+1, and maybe mark the other Form.js files as deprecated in some way
(comments in the source code, note on the samples page, etc.).

> ...A second step would be to rearrange/rename the files to show which
> files
> belong to which sample...

You mean creating separate directories for each sample? Yes, sounds
good.

> ...A third step: are all (Cforms) samples rewritten to use only
> Flow-JXTemplates-Cforms?..

Makes sense.

> Finally, does the section on Cforms include references to other
> samples that
> use Cforms?

Not sure if I understand the question, but the tour block includes a
CForms sample as well, the bean editor application. You might want to
add a link or notice about it on the CForms samples page.

> I could have a try at this, but before that I need to know which
> version of
> Form.js will be settled on.

Great!

-Bertrand