Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com> on 2003/07/12 17:54:45 UTC

Struts 1.1 support in Velocity tools

Hi All,

I remember seeing on the list that support for the Struts 1.1 will not
happen until after the release of the next velocity-tools (which I think
is a good idea anyway).  But does anyone know that there is a problem
with the new struts?  I am just wondering because I am about to
re-embark on a project with Struts (and maybe velocity).  If anyone has
any ideas about where the breakdowns might be, I would love to hear
about it.

Thanks

Bill

William B Chmura
Director of Internet Technology
Explosivo Internet Technology Group
http://www.Explosivo.com

Re: Struts 1.1 support in Velocity tools

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Marinó A. Jónsson said:
> I've been developing with Struts 1.1 and Velocity for a few months now and I
> haven't run into any problems (apart from a small bug in the validation
> framework - but that was recently fixed).  I miss being able to use Struts
> modules though - VelocityStruts doesn't support that yet :)

i've also been working primarily with Struts 1.1 for many months now.  i
haven't had any real problems so far.  of course, the only new-in-1.1 features
i've really used have been ActionMessages and the Struts-Validator.  some of
the other new features i haven't done more than glance at (tiles integration,
modules, etc.)  so, i'm really hoping to get some help from interested parties
with the developing/testing of support for those.  and as a motivation, i'm
sure that working on such things might be a good way for someone to get bumped
up to being a committer--i know i'd sure love ya for it!  :)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

RE: Struts 1.1 support in Velocity tools

Posted by Bill Chmura <Bi...@Explosivo.com>.
The struts modules are new right?  When I was last using struts I think
they were just being concieved if its what I thought it was...

Thanks both of you for the info

Bill