Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Martin Lichtin <li...@yahoo.com> on 2014/11/03 12:27:36 UTC

How to configure a password-protected 'mirror' Maven repository for Karaf 3.0.2

Hi
While upgrading from 2.3.4 to 3.0.2, I have an issue with configuring org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
I need to access all 'remote' artifacts via a password-protected 'mirror' Maven repository.
This worked fine in 2.3.4 by configuring

   org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories=http\://user\:pass@repo/artifactory/repo@snapshots@id\=my-repo

However, it fails in 3.0.2. It seems to ignore the provided 'user' and 'pass'.
(and the Artifactory logs show no credentials are provided).

I understand the new Aether implementation looks into ~/.m2/settings.xml, but also there is a <server> entry for 'my-repo':

    <servers>
        <server>
            <id>my-repo</id>
            <username>user</username>
            <password>pass</password>
        </server>
    </servers>

Any suggestions on how to configure Karaf so it can use a password-protected 'mirror' Maven repository?

Thanks
Martin

Re: How to configure a password-protected 'mirror' Maven repository for Karaf 3.0.2

Posted by lichtin <li...@yahoo.com>.
It seems as if this is not yet supported...

https://ops4j1.jira.com/browse/PAXURL-289

lichtin wrote