Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mario Garcia <ma...@servidor.unam.mx> on 2001/07/05 03:53:14 UTC

Spanish characters

Hi!!!

 I use Tomcat 3.2.2 and many aplications get data from a database. The
problem is that the text in database is in spanish, so, this data has
some characters in spanish too (ñ,á, ...). In the JSP page populate with
data from that database, spanish chars are replace whit "?".
Does any body know how to fix the problem or use correct charset code?

Mario García Burgos

Re: Spanish characters

Posted by Antoni Reus <ar...@ibit.org>.
Hola,

Probably the problem is in de JDBC drivers.

Saludos

-- Antoni Reus

Posted by Anshul <le...@yahoo.com>.
This is a very major security concern.
I have created two contexts, ctx1 and ctx2. Both have different web.xmls.
They however share some of the servlets, which for now I have duplicated.
That means ServletA exists both in ctx1_HOME/WEB-INF/classes as well as
ctx2_HOME/WEB-INF/classes.
I have programmed ServletA, such that it reads the contexts and behaves
accordingly, let us say it shows up different border templates(html pages)
for two contexts. Now what I am seeing is that it mixes up the two, showing
border templates for ctx1 in ctx2. Now this should never happen.
I am quite confidant that this must have been taken care of by tomcat
developers and will be happy to know that I would made some blunders in my
configuration, but it worries me a lot.
And this thing doesn't happen very regularly. Just occasionally that the
contexts are mixed up.
Can any one please throw some light on this?????
I don't know but I feel this should concern all......