Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lane <la...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/29 08:23:13 UTC

Load External File

I'm wanting to load an external file, as in:

var myTextLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();

myTextLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);
myTextLoader.load(new URLRequest("myFile.html"));

It appears that there is no 'load' option yet activated under URLLoader on
FlexJS. Is there a way to do this, other than using URLLoader and then load?

Thanks,

Lane.

---

Re: Slider and circular dependency

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Alex.

Lane.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 10/27/16, 1:38 AM, "Lane" <la...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The section on Circular Dependencies on the Apache site suggests that one
>might perhaps use the "-remove-circulars option" on the compiler (with
>the
>word remove crossed out in the HTML which I find a bit puzzling). When I
>place the expression "-remove-circulars" (without the quotes) in the
>compiler (Project-Properties-Flex Compiler-Additional Compiler
>Operations),
>it is not accepted. Is this the best way to handle this particular
>circular
>dependency, and if so, what precise expression does one place in the
>compiler as an option so that it will be accepted?

From the menus: Run

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
I'm preparing a release version of what appears to be a stable FlexJS
program (my special thanks to those who have made this possible). It
contains a slider, generated as follows:

<js:Slider id="circuitsSlider" width="800" x="20" y="105"
                               minimum="0" maximum="242" snapInterval="1"
                               mouseUp="sliderChange()"/>

The sliderChange method accesses the value of the slider, which by
definition is always current after a mouseUp.

Two questions:

1) I am using mouseUp because there is apparently no change property
activated yet for a Slider in FlexJS. It's not perfect, but it does the job
(as long as one does not move the mouse a long distance from the slider
before releasing it, or off the app itself, yielding an error). Is there a
better way to capture slider movement than mouseUp and then slider.value?

2) To release the program, I go to Run, Express Tools, and then Option 7
(Flashbuilder 4.7). I am receiving the following error:

Oct 27, 2016 4:52:41 PM com.google.javascript.jscomp.LoggerErrorManager
println
SEVERE: ERROR - Circular dependency detected: org.apache.flex.html.Slider ->
org.apache.flex.html.beads.controllers.SliderMouseController ->
org.apache.flex.html.Slider

Re: Tabbing in FlexJS Freezes

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Please file a bug with your simplified test case at:

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

Thanks,
-Alex

Tabbing in FlexJS Freezes

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/addElement()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/ContainerBase.as:139]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::StatesWithTransitionsImpl/apply()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Effects/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/StatesWithTransitionsImpl.as:309]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::StatesWithTransitionsImpl/stateChangeHandler()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Effects/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/StatesWithTransitionsImpl.as:145]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at org.apache.flex.core::ContainerBase/set
currentState()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/ContainerBase.as:416]
    at ColorsFlexJS/prebake2()[C:\Users\fries\Adobe Flash Builder
4.7\ColorsFlexJS\src\ColorsFlexJS.mxml:140]
    at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
    at
org.apache.flex.core::CallLaterBead/makeCalls()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CallLaterBead.as:122]
    at
org.apache.flex.core::CallLaterBead/enterFrameHandler()[/Users/aharui/git/flex/release/flex-asjs/frameworks/projects/Core/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/core/CallLaterBead.as:111]

Thanks,

Lane.

---

Re: Load External File

Posted by Lane <la...@hotmail.com>.
Works like a charm.  Thanks.

Lane.

For FlexJS, HTTPService has a send() method.  You would set the url
property before calling send().

HTH,
-Alex

On 9/29/16, 1:23 AM, "Lane" <la...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm wanting to load an external file, as in:
>
>var myTextLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();
>
>myTextLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onComplete);
>myTextLoader.load(new URLRequest("myFile.html"));
>
>It appears that there is no 'load' option yet activated under URLLoader
>on
>FlexJS. Is there a way to do this, other than using URLLoader and then
>load?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lane.
>

>---

---

Re: Load External File

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

RE: Load External File

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
You can use FileReference[1] to load a file.  Browse for the file, load it.  Once the complete event is dispatched you should be able to use the "data" property to access the file data.

If you need to you can convert the ByteArray to string just by casting it.

[1] http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/FileReference.html

-Mark