Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2012/11/10 12:17:12 UTC

OFBIZ-4941

If nobody disagree I will commit https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4941 soon

Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Tom" <tr...@yahoo.com>
> E) As Jacques noted it is transformed by ant using docbook xls. I do not
> understand his comment "So maintenance worries"

Typo, meant "So no maintenance worries"

Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Tom,

On Nov 10, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Tom <tr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jacopo,
>
> A) The hard code in fieldlookup.js will go away when all forms are
> documented. That will leave the code that test for locale. I'm open for
> suggestions on how that could be done in some other way but given what I see
> as the superiority of the proposed solution I do not think this should be a
> show stopper.

I hate to use Javascript more then needed. In this case, We can build link to help document during the screen rendering process. We need something similar to OfbizUrl transform.

> B) Code was added in ofbiz-component.xml when BIRT was moved to
> specialpurpose. That code caused the current help to break. The latest code
> for the proposed system is not effected by ofbiz-component.xml. This is
> because it is at the webapp not component level. ofbiz-component.xml can
> revert back to what it was.
>
> Note: If you do not use the proposed system you will need to go back and do
> something with the BIRT ofbiz-component.xml (which needs work in any case).
> It causes birt help to be invoked when you try to open accounting help (or
> any of the other components mounted in BIRT).
>
> C) All the help was placed in the content component because it was the home
> for a subset of the docbook xls distribution. It made sense to replace that
> code with the latest implementation and keep everything in one place rather
> then do something in special purpose or hot deploy with a duplicate xls
> code. It also makes sense since help is content and not an application. I do
> not see how moving the content to the application will make it independent.
> Are you going to duplicate the docbook distribution in each application?

I am little confused here.

How is proposed help system using Ofbiz CMS?

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Tom" <tr...@yahoo.com>
> Jacopo,
>
> A) The hard code in fieldlookup.js will go away when all forms are
> documented. That will leave the code that test for locale. I'm open for
> suggestions on how that could be done in some other way but given what I see
> as the superiority of the proposed solution I do not think this should be a
> show stopper.

I agree, we already discussed this with Tom but I forgot.

> B) Code was added in ofbiz-component.xml when BIRT was moved to
> specialpurpose. That code caused the current help to break. The latest code
> for the proposed system is not effected by ofbiz-component.xml. This is
> because it is at the webapp not component level. ofbiz-component.xml can
> revert back to what it was.
>
> Note: If you do not use the proposed system you will need to go back and do
> something with the BIRT ofbiz-component.xml (which needs work in any case).
> It causes birt help to be invoked when you try to open accounting help (or
> any of the other components mounted in BIRT).

Yes, thanks for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5070 Tom

Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Tom Burns wrote:
> Jacques,
>
> I think that's about it. Re 7 I would like to keep everything together.
>
> I assume you will take care of the ASL2 headers.

Yes,  no pb.

> By the way there appears to be a defect in the CMS web site in the content component.
>
> https://demo-stable.ofbiz.apache.org/cmssite/cms/APACHE_OFBIZ_PDF is delivering un-formatted text in a file with an html type
> (the link promises a PDF file). Could be a browser thing but I don't think so.

I reproduce in those browsers (FF, Chrome, Opera), curiously IE8 does not respond

Jacques

> The content manager dataresource Object Info is "applications/content/template/docbook/fo/docbook.xsl". This problem preceded the
> update to the docbook folder.
>
> I'm not sure how the link in Object Info is used in transformation by the CMS web app. If we get it working we could add the help
> docbook files to the CMS to demonstrate alternate help deployments like
> http://fusesource.com/products/fuse-esb-enterprise/#documentation.
>

> Can you confirm the problem (not a browser problem) and I will open a defect in jira.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>

> ________________________________

>>> and
>>> applications\content\template\docbook
>>>
>>> 2. Adapt the build script (not sure much is needed)
>>> applications/content/template/docbook/webhelp/build.properties

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Tom,

Re: OFBIZ-4941

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:29 AM, Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/2012 1:48 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> Thank you Jacques,
>>
>> here is some quick feedback after a review of the patch.
>>
>> A) all the code in framework/images/webapp/images/fieldlookup.js is bad because contains hardcoded application/components
>>
>> B) what is this?
>>
>> Index: specialpurpose/birt/ofbiz-component.xml
>> --- specialpurpose/birt/ofbiz-component.xml	(revision 1407381)
>> +++ specialpurpose/birt/ofbiz-component.xml	(working copy)
>> @@ -29,7 +29,6 @@
>>      <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="seed" loader="main" location="data/OrderPortletData.xml"/>
>>      <service-resource type="model" loader="main" location="servicedef/services.xml"/>
>>     -   <!-- use when reports need to be injected into applications Note: this will break context help for those applications.
>>      <webapp name="accounting"
>>              title="Accounting"
>>              server="default-server"
>> @@ -50,7 +49,6 @@
>>              location="webapp/ordermgr"
>>              base-permission="OFBTOOLS,ORDERMGR"
>>              mount-point="/ordermgr"/>
>> -    -->
>>      <webapp name="birt"
>>              title="BIRT"
>>              server="default-server"
>>
>> C) I still think it is a bad idea to add dependencies to the content component on other applications like: applications/content/webapp/ofbizhelp/catalog_en
>>
>> D) did you check the compliance with licenses? See this for example:
>>
>> +/*----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> + * JavaScript for webhelp search
>> + *----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> + This file is part of the webhelpsearch plugin for DocBook WebHelp
>> + Copyright (c) 2007-2008 NexWave Solutions All Rights Reserved.
>> + www.nexwave.biz Nadege Quaine
>> + http://kasunbg.blogspot.com/ Kasun Gajasinghe
>> + */
>>
>> E) how was generated the content of (for example):
>>
>> Index: applications/content/webapp/ofbizhelp/catalog_en/content/search/htmlFileInfoList.js
>>
>> ? How should we maintain it?
>>
>> F) why this:
>>
>> applications/content/webapp/ofbizhelp/catalog_en/common/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js
>>
>> ?
>>
>> I think it is enough for now, but the changes are big and I couldn't review everything.
>>
>> In general, my preference would be to see this type of contribution being implemented as a pluggable feature (with data mainatined externally in Confluence or in a specialpurpose or extra component) rather than being part of the trunk.
>
> Thanks Jacopo.
>
> This has been my position all along. Help links should point to a URL that is retrieved from the UI labels file (to support i18n). That way Help content can be located anywhere - inside or outside OFBiz. If an application wants to use the OFBiz Content application to implement Help, then it is free to do so.

+1

We should be able to very easily override help content.

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
When I look at the current state of the wiki I tend to agree with Tom...

Jacques

From: "Tom" <tr...@yahoo.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
On 11/10/2012 6:07 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> I think it is enough for now, but the changes are big and I couldn't review everything.
>>>
>>> In general, my preference would be to see this type of contribution being implemented as a pluggable feature (with data mainatined externally in Confluence or in a specialpurpose or extra component) rather than being part of the trunk.
>> Thanks Jacopo.
>>
>> This has been my position all along. Help links should point to a URL
>> that is retrieved from the UI labels file (to support i18n). That way
>> Help content can be located anywhere - inside or outside OFBiz. If an
>> application wants to use the OFBiz Content application to implement
>> Help, then it is free to do so.
>>
>> -Adrian
> Could you elaborate a bit more Adrian? You mean to put links/URLs in UI label files?
> How this would relate to the current WIP for the new help?

See WorkEffortUiLabels.xml, key="WorkEffortICalendarHelpUrl". The link
doesn't work any more because the Wiki site changed, and I can't find
the new page. But when it was working, iCalendar help was retrieved from
the Wiki site. This arrangement did not create any dependencies on any
other components.

-Adrian

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
reason: moving anything to special purpose will finally move to extra's
to which i completely oppose to.

Regards,
Hans

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
-1

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> On Nov 10, 2012, at 3:11 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your help Jacopo,
>>
>> A) Indeed I did not review fieldlookup.js, same type of concern than in C)
>> B) This has been addressed by Tom and is no longer a concern
>
> Do you mean that the code will not be committed?

I commited a change with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1400463
<<jleroux: while checking I found also an error in  birt/documents/Birt.xml and while at it I also commit a tiny part of OFBIZ-4941 in birt/ofbiz-component.xml because it breaks the help.>>
Tom's new help address this concern and we can remove the comments in this part, yes this part of the code will be committed if we finally agree about it. It already used some part of my time, but I think it's worth it on the long term...

>> C) Yes this is the moot point, Tom gave some arguments in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4941?focusedCommentId=13494044&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13494044
>
> Tom's answer doesn't really address Adrian's remark; instead of adding them to "content" I would rather prefer to have a new (specialpurpose/extra) component containing all the help files.

Extra does not fit: this is supposed to replace the old help and should stay as part of OFBiz OOTB. I'm not against a specialpurpose help component, if content component is not mandatory for building the help...

>> D) Yes it's totally OK from a license POV
>
> I don't see the updates to the LICENSE file in your patch... these changes will help me to better understand how the files are treated from a licensing point of view

Right, I did not address that yet, should be straightforward

Jacques

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: OFBIZ-4941

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Oops I missed points after D), I will answer to them now

E) It's copied by the xsl transformation from applications/content/template/docbook/webhelp/docs/content/search/htmlFileInfoList.js wich is. actually part of Docbook version 1.77.1 (committed at r1395307)
So maintenance worries

F) it's also part of the Docbook version 1.77.1

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: OFBIZ-4941