Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by DIA Modou <md...@ajlsm.com> on 2012/11/15 11:45:06 UTC

Update probleme with component instance and XMLFileModule package

hi,

I'm working with coocon 2.1 and tomcat 6.0.32.

I have a code which permit to use an xml file as a global variable. I
build that with a "component instance" and the package
"org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule" like this:

<component-instance
  class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
  logger="core.modules.input"
  name="userinfos-xml">

  <file
    src="cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml"
    reloadable="true"
    cacheable="true"
    cache-expressions="false" />

</component-instance>

In my "pipelines", i use "userinfos-xml" like this:

<map:match type="regexp" pattern="something.html">
  <map:generate type="xsp" src="something.xsp">
    <map:parameter
      name="role"
      value="{userinfos-xml:/userinfos/authentication/roles}" />
  </map:generate>
</map:match>

When a user is logged the function "cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml" return
his informations of session ("id", "groups", ...) as an xml file. If
user isn't logged, the result is an empty xml file.

My problem is after some hours (~ 8hours) without restarting the
"tomcat" server, the variable "userinfos-xml" is empty even if the user
is logged.

I tried to remove the cache with this configuration:

  <file
    src="cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml"
    reloadable="false"
    cacheable="false"
    cache-expressions="false" />

but, the problem is always persistant. I think that the component
instance isn't updated anymore after some hours

thanks for your helps.

Re: Update probleme with component instance and XMLFileModule package

Posted by md...@ajlsm.com.
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 23:00:34 +0100, Thorsten Scherler
<sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2012 11:45 AM, DIA Modou wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I'm working with coocon 2.1 and tomcat 6.0.32.
>>
>> I have a code which permit to use an xml file as a global variable. I
>> build that with a "component instance" and the package
>> "org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule" like this:
>>

>> <component-instance
>>   class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
>>   logger="core.modules.input"
>>   name="userinfos-xml">
>>
>>   <file
>>     src="cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml"
>>     reloadable="true"
>>     cacheable="true"
>>     cache-expressions="false" />
>>
>> </component-instance>
>>

>> In my "pipelines", i use "userinfos-xml" like this:
>>

>> <map:match type="regexp" pattern="something.html">
>>   <map:generate type="xsp" src="something.xsp">
>>     <map:parameter
>>       name="role"
>>       value="{userinfos-xml:/userinfos/authentication/roles}" />
>>   </map:generate>
>> </map:match>
>>

>> When a user is logged the function "cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml" return
>> his informations of session ("id", "groups", ...) as an xml file. If
>> user isn't logged, the result is an empty xml file.
>>
>> My problem is after some hours (~ 8hours) without restarting the
>> "tomcat" server, the variable "userinfos-xml" is empty even if the user
>> is logged.
>>
>> I tried to remove the cache with this configuration:
>>

>>   <file
>>     src="cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml"
>>     reloadable="false"
>>     cacheable="false"
>>     cache-expressions="false" />
>>

>> but, the problem is always persistant. I think that the component
>> instance isn't updated anymore after some hours
>>

>> thanks for your helps.
>
> Hmm, that sounds like a session timeout.
>
> You can validate to set a really short session timeout on your app and
> on tomcat and see if the problem occur after the session expires.
I manage the session timeout on web.xml
(session-config/session-timeout) with a duration of 2mn, all work nice
after a dozen of minutes. I'll tell you if I encounter the same problem
after some hours.
In tomcat except for the "connectionTimeout" in the server.xml file, i
don't know how to configure the duration of an session.

> The question is how you create the cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml file:
> - business logic: do you connect to servlet session to get the user data
> - whether you set some caching in the pipe so it happens to expire after
> 8 hours
> - ...
The function "cocoon://auth/userinfos.xml" serve via a xsp the contain
of a session variable. That session variable is builded and managed as a
DOM structures with the package "org.apache.cocoon.auth".
I think that the cause of my problem is independant with that function
because when usersinfo-xml is empty, the function usersinfo.xml is still
served correctly.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/